Wednesday, March 10, 2010

drawing

Every morning when I sit down to breakfast at my desk, I can count on Graedon asking me for a piece of paper. The boy draws ALL.DAY.LONG. When I tell him that I have no more paper, he simply tells me to go buy some more. Easy, right?

Here is the boy drawing. Check out how he holds his pencil.


Grae is 4.5 years old and mostly only draws superheros. You know the normal Spiderman, Ironman, The Tick, Captain America. Like this:



Here is Ellie dressed as Captain America.


But occasionally he will draw things he has sees or likes. He drew this for me yesterday. Can you guess what it is?



It's a skier in the Olympics (see the 6-ringed flags? He didn't know they only had 5). He is skiing down the hill on a slalom course. I love his little hat with the dingo ball on top.

I'm amazed at what details Grae sees and then draws! I didn't realize he paid that much attention. So I guess I will just have to takes Graes advice and go buy more paper just to see what he comes up with next!

No comments: