Monday, September 5, 2011

schoolroom makeover...day 1

Today I've begun a schoolroom makeover. This is what it looked like a couple of years ago. It has changed since to incorporate a long desk and we sold some of the bookshelves but the paint color was the same( which I love but is all beat up).

Sort of before except most things had been moved out.






So I decided to paint the schoolroom Benjamin Moore's Pale Oak OC-20 like the living room and dining room. But I wanted an accent wall so I painted it Green Energy by Behr (the same as I painted the frames in the dining room). I like how it contrasts with the yellow curtains but I'm not 100% committed to it yet so it may go Pale Oak :)



I have more things coming to tie the green color in.


The black door is actually painted with chalkboard paint. I thought it would be fun to have in the schoolroom.


So that is it for day 1. Next I need to repaint the stairway hallway in Pale Oak. Then finish painting some furniture and make a trip out to Ikea for some storage stuff! It's going to look so nice in there.

Linking:
Thrifty Decor Chick, My Uncommon Life of Suburbia, POPP

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Looking great!! I really like the color and that green POPS!! Can't wait to see it filled with all your things.... and that door with chalkboard paint is a great idea!! Loving it!

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Can I tell you something? You are amazing! Six kiddos and you are a decorating diva?! Glad you visited me- now I can pop in and visit you!

:) crafty texas girls

Mimi said...

You are amazing! Six kids and you are still able to create this wonderful space! I can't wait to see more
Thanks for stopping by my Old Cane Chair!
I'm a new follower now :)