Can this be the ugliest dresser in the world? Ava and I found it at Goodwill Outlet for $25.00. We figured it would be great under their window. Not only would it add storage but we could make it into a comfy window seat as well.
I decided to keep the drawer pulls because I didn't want to spend a lot money on the makeover and I thought they were interesting. I soaked them in vinegar to remove the grime, rinsed them and spray painted them black.
Then we went to Joann's to find some fabric we wanted. We decided on Waverly Modern Essentials geometric print so I got a sample. It's $20 a yard but I'll wait for a sale or coupon.
We took the sample to the little paint jars and found something that matched. I was going to buy a quart of semi-gloss at Sherwin Williams but buying the little art paint kept the cost way down. It ended up being a little less than $3.00 for two bottles of Plaid Wild Iris instead of $16 for a quart.
I had the inspiration to paint the drawers in an ombre pattern. So after many coats of paint and then sealer we have this:



3 comments:
That is cool! Love the purple colors!!
Wow, yes a HUGE improvement and what a great idea!!!
That is so fun I love it against the turquoise wall. I have been planning a few painted furniture projects and this is great inspiration!
Post a Comment