Here is a tiny picture before:

This is a comfy chair but impossible to keep clean. Here it is with the new slipcover. Note: I have never made slipcovers before so this isn't perfect.

The arms are little sleeves held underneath by velcro so I can just take them off and wash separately as they get the dirtiest the fastest.
And here is the chair as it normally appears. I made the pillow out of some of my favorite Tina Whelan fabric.

The other chair is from the 60's and while I think it's kinda funky and fun, I knew it would be impossible to keep clean. So another slipcover.


This chair I slipcovered first and I had no idea how to do box cushions so they look off but not enough off for me to redo them! I ran out of fabric for the back pillow but it's covered up by a blanket anyway.


And how it looks most days shown with a pillow I made, a vintage crochet blanket and the footstool I made over.

I like the result but hope I don't have to slipcover anything for awhile!
10 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your slipcovers look great. I don't know how you do it home schooling 6 kids. Very impressive!
great slipcovers! how smart to have detachable arms!
OOoh I just went and checked out your etsy!! I seriously might need to order some labels from you. That is so cool because I was thinking about getting some for future etsy projects and had no idea where to look. If I decide to get some, I'm definitely coming to you. Really glad I saw that.
Thanks for stopping by earlier. It's always nice receiving lovely comments from lovely people. Have a wonderful weekend with your precious family.
Love,
Laura
For crying out loud, I completely forgot to comment about your slipcovers. They are BEAUTIFUL!! It must've taken you quite a bit of time to work on them, but boy was it worth it! They look fabulous. : )
I LOVE that green chair!! And I think it looks really pretty with the back cushion showing. Looks kinda like an accent pillow from the pictures. Great job!
Hello! You had never made a slipcover before? Both turned out amazing! Wow I have done a few slipcovers and I thought I was going to pull out my hair before I was done. Great job!!
Karin
wow! you are one talented lady! :)
fabulous job! you even did piping (is that the right word?) on that second chair. i've got one i'm going to try to do and i have no idea how to do that.
you are amazing at this! your slipcover is gorgeous! i'll be featuring you tomorrow!
I'm popping over from Pink's slip cover party. I love the wood arm chair. I just bought one and have been putting off slipping it because I can't picture how to do the sides, but your ties are perfect and I love the little button details. It looks awesome!
Post a Comment