Wednesday, August 4, 2010

there and back again...a desk's tale

Remember this desk that I bought for my office?



I changed it to this.


Well fast forward almost 1 year exactly and I have a brand new custom built Parsons style desk for my room and wanted the old one gone. I didn't think that anyone on Craigslist would want this wild desk so I stripped it down to something more conservative.


I painted the desk a semi-gloss Decorators White and stained the top a rich walnut. I spray painted the handles in oil rubbed bronze (I love this spray paint!). All the supplies I had on hand.

I think I may have priced it too low as I had 4 people email in one day. It was gone the next day! It was a fun and easy project.

3 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

It looks great! No wonder you sold it so easily!!!

Melissa said...

That desk looks awesome! Very classy. I've been looking for a desk for our office and I've been passing by these more chunky style desks, thinking that they were hopeless. Not So!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Tara said...

Just wondering - was your desk missing its drawers when you initially purchased it? If so, how did you replace them?

I just love your redo(s)! I love how the desk takes on different personalities.