Friday, December 31, 2010

another hallway redo...

Since we built in bookshelves in the hallway, I've been wanting to repaint it. I loved the orange stripes but am trying to keep a very tight color scheme and orange wasn't in it. Since this is a small hallway, I could do fun stuff.

I first painted the lower half of the chair rail and the built in telephone table a pear/chartreuse green and stuck a vinyl decal on. I'm not sure I like it but it's staying until I can think of something better.



Then Brian and I stenciled the bottom half.




You can see the new black bathroom. I'm going to post more pictures of that soon.

Here is the before:




Now I'm done painting anything in the year 2010. :)

Linking:




3 comments:

Mel said...

Does that phone work? It's so cool!

A great update with some unexpected colour and pattern, love it.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

I LOVE your hall and bath and phone and prayer list on a chalk board. Great style!
-Trish

goddessof4 said...

That looks great!!!!! I am going to try a stencil on a wall soon!!!!!!