Wednesday, August 25, 2010

two things...


Finished up this cute table. For some reason I can not find a before picture but it was just all the wood color showing beneath the stencil. Boring!


I painted it a white/gray color (one of my samples I didn't like on the walls) and put a vinyl sticker on the top which I painted over. When it was mostly dry, I peeled off the sticker to reveal this. I admit I totally copied the idea from another blog but I can't remember which one. So if you know, let me know so I can give credit.

I coated it in poly and am waiting for it to dry. I bought the table to resell but I really like it so I might keep it.

We also finished putting in the floor in the new bathroom. I'm coating it with poly as well and it will be ready for the toilet Saturday. Yipee! We got the toilet free on Craigslist after buying a $220 one at Lowe's. Needless to say, we took the Lowe's toilet back.





Kind of a weird angle since I took this picture while the floor was drying and had to just point the camera and hope for the best. The floor looks darker because I had to use the flash. We used some cheap pine flooring from Lumber Liquidators ($1.20 sq/ft) and I stained it before we installed it. My goal was to make it look like it was old and worn down.

Here is what it looked like a few weeks ago.




Linked to:


The DIY Show Off




504 Main

4 comments:

Mel said...

An absolutely gorgeous little table. I like what you did with it.

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

LOVE love love this idea and I am definitely going to copy you! :) I even have a table to use!

Holly Lefevre said...

The table is fabulous - I am tickled pink! Good luck on the bathroom - that is next on our list...YIKES!

Roeshel said...

I'm not sure how I missed this too! Wow. I'm really behind. Gorgeous!