Wednesday, October 27, 2010

crafts and projects...

Just a few things we've done around the house.

More paper garland for the living room...




Made over this desk with a chalkboard top, couldn't find room for it and sold it on Craigslist.




Found this cute 1940's platter at Goodwill for $2.99! Goes great with my cuckoo clocks.


Made velvet pillow covers for our bedroom. I love the channel stitched pillow covers from Pottery Barn but didn't like the price. So I made these for $15 total. The back is just a gray twill and the front is velvet that I quilted.



I also made a lumbar pillow.


And the most exciting part is we now have two fully functional sinks in the upstairs bathroom. We bought both sinks at the reStore. They are both Kohler but they aren't the same style. That is how I wanted it. We went back and forth about the counter top and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Since this bathroom won't see a lot of use, we opted to go with an oak plywood that I painted and sealed with Polycrylic. The plywood was $50, paint $12 and Polycrylic $9. Deal!



Now we can start framing the built ins, putting beadboard on the walls and painting. The girls are already using the bathroom but it will be nice to have it finished.

3 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

I found your blog a week or so ago, added you to my reader so I wouldn't forget to check back and now I forget where I found you.

Anyway, you have a beautiful family! Hope to read more and get to know your family... from the looks I think we have a bit in common.

have a great night!
Brittany

Chrissie said...

Oh my word, I love the paper chains, the desk and the pillows. You have a fun style. I am your newest follower!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

love the yellow and grey floral fabric!! Love the quilting you did on the grey velvet pillow.