
Lauren is working on writing 3 stories to get into a fiction writing class at Veritas Press without having to take Composition 1 or 2.
She loves writing and is really good at it. She's the main writer for the girls comedy detective movie series Get Buckles but she also enjoys writing historical fiction.
I think she takes after me. I loved writing in high school. Speeches, reports, fiction, you name it. I was editor of our student newspaper and really liked it.
Anyway, she wants to get a degree in writing with an emphasis on teaching. I think it is a wonderful idea. Not only could she write novels to sell, she could tutor homeschool students, hold classes, teach at a private Christian school or simply excel at teaching her own children. Most of this she could do while staying home with her children (after she's married of course.)
Her plan is to CLEP many basic courses as she completes them at home and hopefully complete 2 years of college before she's done with homeschool. Then either continue taking classes here at home or go away for the remaining 2 years of college. We're not sure about that part yet and this is all preliminary.
It's scary thinking about my oldest getting ready for college. Only yesterday I was teaching her to read (well not literally yesterday, but you get the gist).
I know this is what is supposed to happen but it doesn't make it any easier. Sigh...
1 comment:
Awww, scary but fun too. We get to live variously. :)
Post a Comment